- Scientists Now Believe the Universe Itself May Be Conscious theantimedia.org/universe-consc… #universe 4 hours ago
- Species Universe is out! paper.li/speciesunivers… Stories via @IloveIlikeIhate @appliedspiritua @alicewho8 4 hours ago
- A Neuroscientist’s Radical Theory of How Networks Become Conscious wired.com/2013/11/christ… 1 day ago
1st name is John; last name begins with Z; therefore it's John'z Place
Einstein’s letter calls Bible ‘pretty childish’
May 13, 2008Posted by on
I like checking my mail everyday too!
But I doubt that it will be as important as this one going up for auction that Eric Gutkind received from Albert Einstein. In it Einstein explains how un-ambivalent he can be about belief in God describing it as ‘childish superstition” and that the Jews are not the “chosen people”.
Albert gave us this unambiguous interpretation back in 1954 in a letter to the philosopher Eric Gutkind. This was 1 year before his death. You know what they say when your maker is a calling: “Things sometimes tend to get in focus”. In Einsteins case I think that meant science was more important to him.
Well anyhow, read the article with a reprint of the letter to get it first hand without the “Lost in Translation” effect of this blogger.
I’m sure that you’ll agree Einstein says it best when it’s Einstein speaking:
~ Comments always welcome:
- Albert Einstein on Buddhism (via yornin in$ide) (gothdoggy.wordpress.com)
- Einstein & Faith (time.com)
- THE SATURDAY Life: Albert Einstein… (ministryofinsights.com)
- Belief in God ‘childish,’ Jews not chosen people: Einstein letter (afp.google.com)
- Childish superstition: Einstein’s letter makes view of religion relatively clear (guardian.co.uk/science)