1st name is John; last name begins with Z; therefore it's John'z Place
“Quantum Mechanical Hurricanes” [Video]
The Bose-Einstein Condensate once again shows itself to hold promise for revealing how nature works in remarkable ways.
In this case when gasses phase into the Bose-Einstein Condensate state they sometimes create/end up with defects or “Spinning Vortexes” that can be describes as quantum mechanical tornadoes or hurricanes.
Just like hurricanes these quantum mechanical vortexes spin around a center that has nothing in it.
It’s thought that this may help us understand what happened right after the big bang.
Of course and more important, this should help us better understand how we work too.
~Comments always welcome:
- Science Daily (sciencedaily.com)
- Bose-Einstein Condensate (eurekalert.org)
- Physicists create quantum twin atoms (nanowerk.com)
- Singularity is Near (biosphericfoundation.wordpress.com)
- Fascinating: Making Sense of a Visible Quantum Object [Video] (geeksaresexy.net)
- Physics of life: The dawn of quantum biology (nature.com)
- Absolute Zero (nova.com)